For girls ages 9 to 11 For more information check out their website at girlguides.ca
Guide Units meet once a week, usually for two hours
In Guides, girls strengthen their leadership skills by taking the lead in Unit activities, learning to organize events and teaching each other new skills, all while having fun with girls their own age. The Guide program includes activities that deal with cyber safety, anti-bullying, self-esteem, health and fitness and environmental sustainability. Guides also have opportunities to take action on issues important to them and to make an impact on their community through service projects such tree planting and volunteering at local food banks.
Your Guide could experience these activities.
- Collecting and donating items to a shelter or organization
- Planning a tree planting project
- Learning about online safety
- Identifying what makes a healthy friendship
- Planning a celebration event for younger girls
- Camping under the stars